Monday, September 26, 2011

Reducing price?

Assalamualaikum!

I was kind of shocked to learn that people find the stuff I sell quite expensive. I thought that it's the cheapest price that you can get.
Initially, I wanted to sell the wristlet camera pouch for RM 50 excluding the price but I thought hey since I am a fairly new sewer and nothing that I made is so far perfect, I'll reduce the price.

In the end I sold the camera pouch to my friend for RM 25. It was kinda because she bought two items, so I don't mind.
But she got me thinking in reducing my price for all of the things I made (and going to make). I don't want to, especially the camera case since it's a tedious process, and at the end of the day of making one I always wonder why in the world am I doing this, again?

So. I came upon these people selling the same thing as me (please click the pictures to be directed at their site):

which sells for RM 75.


...RM 59...


...and...RM 81.


And some others:
here
here

and I use denim. and japanese cotton. Just like this person:
hereee
And her pouch is selling for RM 72. Which for me is, the right price. Japanese cotton is not cheap, and well, so is denim.

So.

I know I probably cannot compare to them who's probably have been sewing/selling for years, but still, I don't think my price is expensive. But regardless, maybe I will lower the prices a bit. Maybe. But still. Maybe not the camera pouch, but the japanese cotton wristlet. That one I know how to minimize cost, but I don't know how to reduce the price of the camera pouch. :P

And yes I've been sewing a little bit lately. Don't know if it'll come up to anything, so hehe just wait, I guess :P

Thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. dear fatino, i faham perasaan u tentang pembeli selalu nak harga murah, saya pernah alami masa jahit manik kat baju really time consuming dan ingat kita boss..so ikut kita nak letak harga ikut nilai kita rasa padan dgn effort. jgn turun sewenang2 kesian pada diri kita sendiri jugak kan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kak Nik, yess, btul2! Terkejut bila tnya org harga apa patut bagi certain things...diaorg kata the prices I put is sgt mahal. Kadang2 rs nak buat video tunjuk mcmmana bnda tu dijahit...sbb bukan senang. And bukan skjp je dpt hasil...
    Hrap2 customer akn pham and understanding in the future... :)

    ReplyDelete